Wednesday, 26 December 2012

diy pearl tip collar (and tutorial)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Hat - Primark, Jacket - Mango via asos ( on sale - link), Shirt - DIY (details below), Skirt - New Look , 
Bag - Tk Maxx, Shoes - Topshop
Photobucket

First off MERRY CHRISTMAS and I hope you'll had a lovely christmas day filled with stuffing your faces and watching christmas telly! The other day I instagramed a photo of me wearing this shirt on instagram and got asked to show you all how I did it.  It's a tutorial where very little skills are involved besides the basic sewing and takes very little time to do. It's a great (simple) way of updating a shirt if you've had enough of the studded collar trend or have got lots of pearl beads spare that you want to put to good use. I used an old mens shirt which I shortened previously as I love the boxy-ness of these types of shirts. 

To do this all you need to do is line up where and how many beads you want to use ( I used 7) and take hold of that needle and thread to start sewing them on! Simples!

Photobucket
What you need: Pearl Beads, shirt to embellish,  a needle, thread, scissors & patience! 

Photobucket
Et Voila! 

8 comments:

  1. That is so cute :) I love this idea

    xo

    Dora

    http://adropofindigo.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you I'm glad you liked it ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for showing me this! i'm going to try it out, so glad i suggested you should do this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's ok ! I'm glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just discovered your blog and had a good look through it - I love your style :)
    Really nice idea with the pearls on the collar, may have to give it a go! (my sewing skills are questionable). Am following! Em xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ! Thanks for the follow :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, If you have any other questions about this post tweet me @stylepeaches